Re: [HCDX] Nex EDXC site

Dear friends,

    As elected auditor of the European DX Council (EDXC) I had the great
pleasure today to listen on R Vlaanderen International (RVI) to an
interview by Frans Vossen of the newly elected Secretary General of the
EDXC, Mr Luigi Cobisi of Florence, Italy.
    The interview contained these headlines:
    -    New plans and initiatives : Get more people interested in the
DX Hobby e.g. by telling about the DX-hobby and the EDXC on various
international radiostations.
    -    The future of the EDXC: Utilise the possibilities of the
Internet: E-mail, mailing lists, websites etc.
    -    Continue to issue a two-monthly printed euro-dx.
    -    How Luigi Cobisi began listening to shortwave by listening to
the BBC World Service.

The second half of the interview will be next Sunday at RVI when you can
tune in.

I found the interview very appropriate and absolutely supporting the
hobby of DX-ing.

What I did not find appropriate is that someone representing an
organisation using nearly the same abbreviation "EDXC", called The
Ecological
DX Corporation yesterday announced here on HCDX that this organisation
has established a website which clearly undermines the new Secretary
General (SG) and his Assistant (ASG) of the EDXC. Of course everyone is
free to establish their private website, but this one is tendentious and
tells more about the author than about the "victims".

I must stress that the SG and ASG in December were democratically
elected amongst all the 13 participating
European DX Clubs. No other candidates were proposed by the clubs, and
11 clubs from Finland, Norway, Denmark, Germany, The Czech Republic,
Hungary, Italy, France and Spain voted YES, whereas two Clubs from
Germany and Italy abstained. No one voted NO.

Thus the elected SG & ASG should be supported by all Clubs and DX-ers to
do their job representing all 13 DX Clubs in Europe, and not "jammed" as
they are by this new website, and have been during the past weeks on the
EDXC Mailing List and in personal e-mails. They have more important jobs
to do than spending their time on quarrelling with individuals.

By the way, the official website of the European DX Council is :
www.swl.net/edxc/

I am sorry taking your time by this e-mail, but the original e-mail
below requires a comment.

Best 73, - and switch on your RX instead of quarrelling here on the
Internet. That leads to nothing, but DX-ing is still fun!
Right now at 1705 UTC I am enjoying an unidentified AIR station on 4760
kHz.

Anker