[HCDX] Diana Janssen leaving Radio Netherlands

[HCDX] Diana Janssen leaving Radio Netherlands

The following was sent out earlier today to Media Network newsletter
subscribers. It's not DX news, but we know many of you listen to the show
regularly:

As someone with more than a passing interest in Media Network, we?d like you
to be one of the first to know that Diana Janssen will be leaving the
programme in mid-September. She has been with Radio Netherlands for nine
years, starting in our Audience research department. For the last six years
she has played an essential role in our weekly communications magazine,
starting on the pre-production side, but quickly moving on to co-present and
co-produce the show.

?I have worked on almost 250 programmes together with a dedicated team of
great people across the globe? says Diana. ?I have enjoyed it tremendously
and the programme has given me the opportunity to see broadcasting from the
inside in many countries. Now I?ve been asked to join a company that looks
at things from a commercial perspective.?

Diana?s new job will be as a Media Strategy Analyst with the IT company
Forrester Research, at their European head office in Amsterdam. Part of her
new job will be to talk to journalists and industry experts about what's
developing in new media and draw conclusions. Diana is especially skilled at
trend watching.

Jonathan Marks is co-host of Media Network as well as Director of Programmes
at Radio Netherlands. ?Diana?s departure will be a great loss to Radio
Netherlands and our show in particular. She?s has made a terrific
contribution into shaping the show so its ready for the 21st century and
adding an essential ?Dutch touch? to our communications magazine. But at the
same time, everyone involved in the show is extremely proud that she?ll be
moving on to some great new challenges. She has worked very hard and
deserves to succeed in her career. It has been a privilege working with her
and we all wish her well?.

For as well as her commitment to the programme, Diana has certainly put
Radio Netherlands on the map in other ways. For many years she has taken an
active part in workshops, chairing committees organised by the Asian
Broadcasting Union, the European Broadcasting Union, International
Broadcasting Convention in Amsterdam, International Webcasting
Association?so the list goes on. Her contribution has been practical,
no-nonsense, sharp but always with a smile.

Thursday, 14th of September 2000 will be Diana?s last show presenting the
programme. We hope you?ll join us to celebrate a job well done.

For more about Diana, the person, check out this page on our Web site:
http://www.rnw.nl/en/html/diana_janssen.html