RE: [HCDX] AskForNews

> I'd like to know what is going on with AFN. No signal at all in 24 hours
> neither of the two frequencies available? here in Europe. Does
> anybody where
> to ask, no, not for QSLs,as some folks want out there, but some reasonable
> answer to our question.Iam sure we could understand their reason for this
> mistery.

I'm not sure why this should be a mystery. The service is intended for a
limited number of naval vessels at sea. Naval vessels do not stay at sea 365
days in the year. On days when there don't happen to be any vessels
requiring the service from a given station, I guess they just switch it off.
This is not a service intended for the general public!

Although I work for Radio Netherlands, I am participating here on an
individual basis. Opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily
reflect the official position of Radio Netherlands.

Andy Sennitt