Re: [HCDX] 1206 & 1377: thanks for help

At 12:18 9.8.2000 -0700, Mark Connelly wrote:

1206:
My conclusions: Propagation loss to from here to Morocco is much less than
from here to Iran, although enhancements of Middle Eastern signals over
normally-easier more-westerly stations can occur with ionospheric tilting
prior to dawn on the transmitter end.  I'll check for that 15345 parallel
next time.  I do get 1503 Iran sometimes, so maybe they'd be parallel (or a
shortwave freq. ?)  A Web site parallel is not of much use to me since
receiving is done in the car at seaside sites (not at home) and I don't have
a laptop with wireless modem yet.  If Radio Payam is a news station, would
Koranic chanting be a likely component of the programming ?

R Payam is not in parallel with any other Iranian fq that I know. And it is always on 1205,67 kHz. It is not an "all news" station, they have about 3-minute news every half hour, and between that "modern" Irani music. I would bet for Morocco, which is drifting.

1377:
When listening to R Prizren during weekends it has always had a phone-in px with local pop music. Also Iraq has been heard very irregularly here.

73, Mauno