Re: [HCDX]: Unid on 1390

>From the first wav -file I can very positively conclude that it is WISA
Isabela.  Since last autumn, the station is part of the 'Cadena Radio Puerto
Rico' -network and broadcasts it's programmes at nights.  The chorus in the
background sings "Radio Puerto Rico - Todo Radio".  And the man in the
foreground mentions some of the stations belonging to the the network; Radio
Util and Radio Eco.  Other Radio Puerto Rico stations are at least WIAC San
Juan, WPAB Ponce, and WALO Humacao.

73 de PUL
Pentti Lintujarvi, Helsinki, Finland
webmaster of 1000 Lakes DX Page at
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Park/3232/dx.htm

----- Original Message -----
From: <hartvig@xxxxxx>
To: <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2000 2:44 PM
Subject: [HCDX]: Unid on 1390

Dear friends

Thanks for the help as to what I heard on 1390 (cf below). Horacio from
Uruguay have been listening to my recording and says he can hear this: "Con
más potencia las 24 horas, estas son la 3-40, Radio Uni, Radio Eco... radio
deportiva".

Thanks a lot Horacio!!

This seem to indicate that it's not WISA? I KNOW that WISA is very common
on this frequency, but still I am not 100 convinced, so if someone else can
add something to the observations of Horacio I would welcome that.

Please listen to >www.wmr.dk/UID1.wav< and >www.wmr.dk/UID2.wav<

Best 73s
Stig Hartvig Nielsen, Denmark.

> > Stig Hartvig Nielsen wrote:
> >
> > > On March 25th at 0425 UTC I heard a Spanish speaking staion on 1390
kHz
> > > with a slogan starting with "Con mas potencia  24 horas..."
> > >
> > > Later at 0457 two IDs sounded very much like "Radio Costa Rica" ....
not