Re: [HCDX]: Remark on 1660

Hi:

With all the help I have received from E Mails and the internet, Dxing
has become much more enjoyable in recent years. I have tryed to help
many DXers if I can. IDing stations can be hard to do with few IDs,
except at the top of the hour.
   Possible ID times for stations running Satellite programming can be:
06:00 , 09:00, 21:00, 39:00, 51:00, or 59:50. The FCC has become so
loose on ID times. I do know the Radio Dusney stations can ID anywhere
from 55:00 to 05:00 and they just drop it in at the end of befinning of
a promo and the IDs are done by kids.
   I have also found that stations will miss their IDs and since the
station may be unmanned all night, there may not be an ID until the next
hour. Recently I was tuned to 1550-Reno, NV and there was just "dead
air" at the top of the hour and at 06:00 after. I never did hear an ID
that night. I checked two or three hours in a row, just dead air.
73s'
Patrick