QSL: RE: MW test via Kaliningrad

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL, QUESTION.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
Just received a nice QSL via email from Kaliningrad and its high power
test transmission on 12-14 August on 1386 kHz.
Signals were booming in at my ordinary stereo set (with AM) in
southern Sweden. Should surprise no-one, as they used 1200 kW from
just across the Baltics... Still, it would be nice if the Russians
could get some nice AM broadcasts a la good ol' Luxembourg. The AM
sound from Kalinigrad is a lot better than on old 1440 kHz.

For your info, part of the email QSL:

= = = = =
DATE:                 August 12, 1997
TIME:                  2010-2245  UTC
FREQUENCY:     1386 kHz

We used a half power of 1200 kW on 12/8 and a full power of 2400 kW on
13-14/8 with a directional aerial system beamed to the U.K. and
Ireland.
There were the transmitter's problems on 13/8 at around 2000-2030 UTC
when
the transmitter's valve went out of use...

Yours sincerely,
Mikhail Timofeyev
(nerrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
= = = = =

Meaning that this past week I have got two QSL's in more modern
format. One email, and the other by fax from Malawi Broadcasting
Corporation, on 3380 kHz. I did send the reception report by ordinary
mail, including my business card. Made the difference, as I got a QSL
after many tries.

/Hermod Pedersen
Nordic Shortwave Center <http://swl.sds.se/>

Hi Hermod
I am almost sure you will get the original copy of the Malawi Broadcasting Corporation QSL
letter also via regular air mail in the next days. This is the way they usually confirm reception
reports if they know the fax number of the DXer. This happened to me just 1 year ago.

73's

Giovanni D'Amico
Switzerland

pennant swap site:    http://www.srg-ssr.ch/PRV