BULLETIN/PIRATE: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY - VOLUME EIGHT - NUMBER THREE

BULLETIN/PIRATE: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY - VOLUME EIGHT - NUMBER THREE

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL, QUESTION.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------P O BOX 3103, ONEKAWA, NAPIER. NEW ZEALAND.-------

EDITOR: Graham J Barclay.
Phone: 0064-6-835-9186.
Fax:     0064-6-835-9186.
Email:  kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx
WWW site 1: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885
WWW site 2: http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/fr/kiwi.html

This page is sponsored by: SRS-News - Sweden.
	           http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/links.html
and                 http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/index.html

			VOLUME EIGHT - NUMBER THREE

August 17th 1997

Hi there again Friends

Welcome to another edition of the Weekly.

We have changed our DIRECT Email address to:
					kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx
PLEASE change your Address Book - Thanks.

We are atill looking for more sites and links to include into our page
at:
so IF you can help just Email us the details and leave the rest up to
us.

Radio JEMIMA will be changing it's name as of September 6th 1997 to
RADIO RJK.
They are currently testing their "New" toy and the antenna that has been
supplied with it. So far tests seem OK.

			**************************

Hello

at http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/2594/
you'll find my updated homepage.
Try the links or look directly at sub-pages
 - artikel.htm for a press article about me
 - bild-ich.htm for some other pictures about me.

Martin Schoech
 E-mail : schoechi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/ms.html

			*************************

                        ADVENTIST  WORLD  RADIO

        The small shortwave station operated by Adventist World Radio in
Forli Italy announces a double DX broadcast beamed towards North
America.
These programs are scheduled to be on the air over the last weekend in
September and they form part of the annual DX contest conducted by
Adventist World Radio.

        "The purpose of these broadcasts is to give listeners in North
America, and perhaps elsewhere in the world, the opportunity to hear our
exotic little station," states Christoph Gysin, who is the station
engineer
at AWR-Forli.

        The double DX broadcasts are scheduled to be on the air as
follows:-

Saturday night September 27 in USA which is Sunday morning September 28
UTC

Sunday night September 28 in USA which is Monday morning September 29
UTC

                        0100 - 0300 UTC on both occasions

        Programming will consist of two episodes of the AWR global DX
program "Wavescan", one of which will feature a Station Profile on
AWR-Forli. Other segments of the special broadcasts will be taken from
the regular programming of Adventist World Radio.
Program announcements will give details of the special QSL cards that
will be issued for these twin DX broadcasts.

        The specific frequency that will be in use for these DX
broadcasts
has not yet been determined, but it will be announced as soon as the
information becomes available.  The rotatable log periodic antenna will
be
oriented on New York City, which should give the opportunity for wide
reception throughout the North American continent.

        Two special QSL cards will be available for the DX broadcasts
from
Forli. All reception reports addressed to the AWR Office of
International
Relations at Box 29235 Indianapolis 46229, will receive a copy of the
"World's Smallest QSL Card".  All reception reports addressed to the
station at Box 383 Forli 47100 in Italy will receive a regular QSL card
with a special endorsement denoting the DX broadcasts.  Also available
will be a copy of the AWR QSL stamp, which can be affixed to the QSL
certificate.

        If desired, listeners may send two reception reports, one to
each
location. Please remember to enclose return postage, in the form of
currency notes or postage stamps in an international currency, or IRC
coupons.

        Last year, at the time of the annual DX contest, similar plans
were
made for a special DX broadcast from AWR-Forli beamed towards North
America.  However, two days in advance of the broadcast, the transmitter
mal-functioned and it was off the air for several days.  To the credit
of
the international radio world, not one spurious reception report was
received, though some listeners courteously wrote in and explained that
they did not hear the program.

        The small AWR station currently on the air at Forli operates
with
an output power of approximately 2.5 kW.  The shortwave service from
this station is to be augmented by a large new station that AWR plans to
erect at Argenta on the northern Adriatic coast of Italy.  This new
station is
currently in the planning stages.

(via Marie Lamb )

    Some Radio Related links:

from :        rec.radio.shortwave

 Hello, everyone;
 The National Association of Shortwave Broadcasters ( NASB ),
has opened its own web site.  The url is:

http://www.shortwave.org

Check it out and let us know what you think.

NEXT LINK