NEWS: R Pyongyang feeder, etc.

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL, QUESTION.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
NORTH KOREA

Radio Pyongyang's feeder on 3560 has been inactive for about a week. Until
recently it was regularly used all night and possibly daytime as well (cf.
my recent report). 4405 is active as reported earlier. The absence of 3560
does not seem to affect the main frequencies, however.

Frontline Soldiers Radio -- While the location of this station remains
unknown, some signs indicate the possibility that it shares studios, etc.,
with the Korean Central Broadcasting Station and/or Pyongyang Broadcasting
Station. Some of the sound effects used on FSR are familiar on KCBS and
PBS, and FSR's theme music (heard hourly after ID) has also been played on
KCBS and PBS.

Unlike before, FSR is currently very active on all the 3 frequencies,
1400-2000 on 1613, 2625, 3025 kHz. They were all on every time I checked in
the past few weeks. No more brownouts? (Ashimori, Aug 1)

Sonny

Sonny M. Ashimori <sonny@xxxxxxxxxxx>