QSL: Art Of QSLING????

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL, QUESTION.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
This is the WAY I have done my reception repoerts for many years.First,I
tend to send the reception report in a plain envelope,with a Post Office
Stamp,rather than a conventional stamp.I have heard to many horror
stories of letters being pilferred in other parts of the world for the
stamps they carry on them.I enclose generally an English,or Spanish,or
whatever language report if it is one of the smaller stations in some
remotes place.Also ,and this is fun for me as well,I enclose all sorts
of 'GOODIES'.....postcards from Wisconsin,Football or Baseball schedules
from local team(PACKERS,BREWERS,ETC....)AND every year I go to local
Hallmark Store or a Bank and get those small pocket calenders that are
given out free and send them along with the reception report.Sometimes I
enclose pictures of me in front of my radio stuff.....and last BUT NOT
LEAST,I send a crisp $1 dollar   Now I know there is a lot of debate
about pros and cons of not sending IRCS,but I still send those sometimes
as well.My reports are generally never tenative,but right on the
mark......and are accurate.Why the percentage of replies every year
seems to slip is open for discussion of course,but SLIP it does,and
downward slippage.It baffles me,I use official stationary that makes it
look at least presentable......and still no response.Go figure,huh??? :)
Tom Messer River Falls,Wis.